Shares in Hamburger Hafen und Logistik (HHLA) have surged following a takeover offer from MSC Mediterranean Shipping Co., which values the listed shares at approximately €1.21 billion ($1.30 billion). The offer comes as part of an agreement with the city of Hamburg, which is the majority owner of the Hamburg port operator.

MSC, based in Switzerland, announced on Wednesday that its subsidiary, Port of Hamburg Beteiligungsgesellschaft, is offering to purchase all class A shares in HHLA for €16.75 each in cash. In connection with this offer, MSC and the city of Hamburg have reached a binding agreement. Under this agreement, an entity owned by the city will transfer its A shares in HHLA to the MSC subsidiary, acquiring a 50.1% stake in the subsidiary. The remaining 49.9% will be held by MSC if they achieve full ownership.

Currently, at 0713 GMT, HHLA shares are trading 45% higher at €16.74.

In response to the offer, HHLA has stated that its executive board will carefully review and evaluate the proposal in the best interests of the company, ensuring the safeguarding of its stakeholders.

The offer made by MSC represents a significant premium to HHLA's closing share price on Tuesday, which stood at €11.54.

According to HHLA's website, the company has 72.5 million listed class A shares, with the city of Hamburg currently owning 69% of these shares. Additionally, the city holds a further 2.7 million nonlisted shares.

WeWork Stock Soars 80.8% on Heavy Volume

Supreme PLC Meeting Fiscal 2024 Market Views

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related posts

3M Reports Strong 2Q Results and Raises Full-Year Outlook
News

3M Reports Strong 2Q Results and Raises Full-Year Outlook

Shares of 3M Co. rally as the company reports impressive second-quarter results and raises its full-year outlook. It exc...

Canadian Parkland Corp. to Sell 157 Convenience Stores
News

Canadian Parkland Corp. to Sell 157 Convenience Stores

Parkland Corp. plans to sell 157 convenience stores across Canada to optimize operations and reduce debt amidst investor...

Indivior Stocks Surge on U.S. Market Expansion Plans
News

Indivior Stocks Surge on U.S. Market Expansion Plans

Indivior's stocks surge as company announces plans for U.S. market expansion, potential primary listing in U.S. Categori...

Winter Storm Expected to Hit East Coast
News

Winter Storm Expected to Hit East Coast

A winter storm is forecasted to hit the East Coast, bringing snow and freezing rain. Learn more about its path, impact,...