Athabasca Oil has announced a collaboration with Cenovus Energy to establish Duvernay Energy, a standalone company with valuable assets in Alberta's Kaybob Duvernay play.

Ownership and Management

Under the agreement, Athabasca will hold a 70% equity interest in the newly formed company, while Cenovus will possess the remaining 30%. As part of a management and operating services agreement, Athabasca will oversee the operations of Duvernay Energy.

Robert Broen, the current President and CEO of Athabasca Oil, will take on the role of Chairman, President, and CEO of Duvernay Energy. The board of Duvernay will consist of three members nominated by Athabasca and one member nominated by Cenovus.

Strong Financial Foundation

At its inception, Duvernay Energy will be financially robust. It will have no outstanding debt and will begin with $40 million in cash and a $50 million credit facility, courtesy of Athabasca.

Effective Date and Closing

The agreement is set to become effective on January 1, 2024. The closing of the deal is anticipated to occur in the first quarter of the following year.

Significant Potential

Duvernay Energy is primed for success, with exposure to approximately 200,000 gross acres and around 500 gross future well locations within the Kaybob Duvernay play, as conveyed by Athabasca.

Apple Halts Sales of Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2

Unanimous Confirmation of Top-ranking Military Officers

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related posts

Banking Shares Remain Stable as Investors Monitor Central Bank Movements
News

Banking Shares Remain Stable as Investors Monitor Central Bank Movements

Banking shares remain stable as investors closely monitor central bank movements. US labor market softens slightly, whil...

3M Reports Strong 2Q Results and Raises Full-Year Outlook
News

3M Reports Strong 2Q Results and Raises Full-Year Outlook

Shares of 3M Co. rally as the company reports impressive second-quarter results and raises its full-year outlook. It exc...

Mortgage Demand Rises as Rates Fall Sharply
News

Mortgage Demand Rises as Rates Fall Sharply

Mortgage rates have fallen sharply due to a weakening U.S. economy, leading to a rise in mortgage demand. Home-buying an...

New York Community Bancorp Faces Stock Decline Amidst Challenges
News

New York Community Bancorp Faces Stock Decline Amidst Challenges

New York Community Bancorp's stock has experienced a significant decline of about 60% and multiple ratings downgrades. T...